Thankfully there are only a few common electrode sizes but there are some less common sizes as well. The end cap ( the bit which plugs into the hand piece can be of the following sizes;
- Karl Haider - 10mm Diameter. The smallest and very uncommon.
- Standard European - 11mm Diameter. 95% of the violet wands we sell on this web site are of this type .............
- UK soft square ended - 11.00mm. The same as The "Standard European"
- UK/USA - Either Round ended or sharp square ended caps - 11.15mm (7/16ths of an inch)
- Modern Chinese solid state devices. The glass is quite thick and is soda glass and the end caps are 11.25mm
- Oversize - 12mm Diameter. Very popular but with a smaller number of makes. Most notable are Radiostat/Radiolux, Vio and Ideal - which we occasionally sell.
- Ukraine - 13mm end caps with thin glass electrodes for use with very low powered devices. A high powered Violet Wand device may break the glass over time.
If you are unsure of which you have try measuring with a set of calipers - the results may vary a little and if you are in doubt then contact us. You can also making an approximate measure using a flexible tape measure or piece of paper around the circumference
- Standard European = 36mm circumference - 11mm diameter
- Oversize = 39mm circumference - 12mm diameter